Welcome back to the Vigeland Museum! We follow government guidelines and strive to safeguard our visitors by the following measures:
- Maximum 50 persons are allowed in the building at the same time. If limit is reached, please wait in a queue outside the museum.
- Always keep minimum 1 meter distance to other visitors.
- Payment only by card. Cash is not accepted.
- Lockers are available.
- Hand sanitizers available. Please use this upon arrival and when you leave the museum.
- Organized group visits are now allowed. We take groups with up to 10 adults and groups with up to 20 children (including the guide).
- Unfortunately we can not give guided tours in the the apartment yet.
- People infected by COVID-19, who are in quarantine or has symptoms of respiratory tract infection can not visit the museum. People who do not follow guidelines will be asked to leave the museum.
Tuesday – Sunday:
Last admission: 15.45
12 – 16
Children/Youth under 18 years
Elementary school groups with teacher
Groups without guide (>10 pax)
50,- per person
Nobels gate (street) 32, south of Vigeland Park, Frogner. Tram 12 or bus 20 to Frogner plass. See location in map
Photography is permitted, also by cell phone. However, we ask the visitors to show consideration for each other by not taking telephone calls during the visit, mostly because of the challenging acouistics.
Two toilets are located by the main entrance. The universal toilet (for wheelchairs) is located in hall VII. Here you can also find changing tables for kids.
It is possible to rent the museum for private events, photography and filming. Please contact us (Head of Security) with an detailed e-mail to make it easier to set dates, prizes and security. Do you want to book a private, guided tour, please see our prizes and details here.
The Vigeland Museum is a building listed as a protected national monument, and facilities for visitors with disabilities can unfortunately not always live up to contemporary standards.
If you are using a wheelchair you can enter the museum via an inclined plane. The permanent collection on the 1st floor is available for visitors using a wheelchair, and the rooms are spacious and with no thresholds. There is also a ramp in the Courtyard. Wheelchairs for rental are not available.
There is no lift in the museum connecting the floors.
HC Toilet located in Hall 7.
We strive to facilitate your visit as best we can. If you need to discuss facilitation, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tram 12 or bus 20 to the Vigeland Park. Plan in Ruter.
See location in map.
Parking with fee by Monolittveien, Middelthunsgate by Frognerbadet and by Halvdan Svartes gate 50.
The Vigeland Museum does not offer guided tours in Vigeland Park.
Please contact Visit Oslo for more information about guiding in the park.
Vigeland Park is managed by Agency for Urban Environment (BYM).
You need permission to do commercial filming and host events in the park. Please contact BYM for more information.
Flying drones is prohibited.
Rental wheel chairs are not available.