When you visit our website, cookies are placed to recognise your computer or browsing device. A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your device, and re-discovered upon further visits to the website. Cookies provide information about your activity on the websites you visit, and makes it easier for you to use our online services. These cookies are not able to identify who you are or what your name is. They can not spread viruses or other harmful software.
Cookies have several useful purposes for visitors to our website.
- Cookies enable your computer or browsing device to remember information
- Cookies provide us with information about what time you visit our website, how long you stay, which pages you visit, where you are located, and which browser you use. By analysing this type of information, we are able to customise the pages and provide you with a better experience when browsing the website
Types of cookies on this website
Several different types of cookies are used on this website:
- Required cookies: These are necessary to enable you to navigate the website and use the online services we provide.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies enable the website to remember the choices you have made (i.e.: user name, language or region), in order to provide a more personal user experience.
- Performance cookies: These help us understand how visitors use our webpages. This information is used to create a general outline of how the website is being used, and to customise and adapt the various pages in order to give you a better experience when browsing the website.
The following third-party services place cookies on your computer or device:
- Google Analytics (Google Inc.) makes it possible for us to perform statistical analyses used to create reports to the City of Oslo, with information such as number of visits to the website, time spent on the website, and projected breakdowns of gender and age of visitors.
- YouTube (Youtube Inc.) and Wimeo makes it possible for us to display videos on the website and view statistics on video performance.
- A Facebook pixel is linked to our web site. Facebook confirms that the company and their tools are in line with the EU privacy regulation (GDPR).
Settings for cookies on a device